The Greater Norwich Growth Board (GNGB) partners (Broadland District Council, Norwich City Council, South Norfolk Council, Norfolk County Council, and the New Anglia Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP)) are working together to manage delivery of the joint Annual Growth Programme which is derived from the Joint five year Infrastructure Investment Plan.
The Joint five year Infrastructure Investment Plan prepared by Broadland District Council, Norwich City Council and South Norfolk Council identifies strategic infrastructure projects considered to be a priority for delivery to support the planned growth contained in the Greater Norwich City Deal, the Joint Core Strategy, and each District’s Local Plan documents. The Growth Programme also takes into account the New Anglia LEP’s Strategic Economic Plan.
The Greater Norwich Growth Board will:
- provide strategic direction, monitoring and coordination of both the City Deal and wider growth programme for the Greater Norwich area, working through three sub-Boards focussed on infrastructure delivery; enterprise and innovation; and employment and skills
- implement an agreed annual programme of delivery (the Growth Programme) which is developed and approved by all parties. The annual programme will set out the financial implications for income and expenditure the forthcoming year; the cumulative financial impact of funding decisions on the Programme given funding and borrowing commitment from earlier years; and will take account of the long-term financial implications for the end of the programme period i.e. 2026, to ensure that the authority is not exposed to any undue financial risk and that the programme can be fully supported from future income streams.
- monitor progress of delivery and spend including reviewing the programme risks and its risk mitigation measures
- secure the co-operation of the parties
- identify, lobby for, secure and coordinate funds
The Joint Working Agreement and governance arrangements for the GNGB are available below:
GNGB Joint Working Agreement Signed 26 September 2014
Size: 50 KB – Date: 15/01/2016
GNGB Infrastructure Investment Fund Governance
Size: 55 KB – Date: 15/01/2016
GNGB Local Infrastructure Fund Governance
Size: 56 KB – Date: 21/11/2016
Infrastructure Delivery And Planning Board Terms of Reference February 2016
Size: 340 KB – Date: 29/02/2016